
American Idol loser Chris Sligh blames everyone but himself in this interview after being booted from American Idol.
From the article
"Bob JonesSligh attended Bob Jones University, but the son of overseas missionaries generally chooses to stay mum about his association --or disassociation -- with the school known for its ultra-conservative theology. [note: His parents also stayed mum about their association with Chris.]
Last week, BJU spokesman Jonathan Pait publicly expressed "disappointment" in the direction Sligh had taken with his musical training and his participation on "American Idol."
Sligh said he has no hard feelings, even though he was expelled from Bob Jones after attending a ['christian' rock] concert featuring the group For Him.
"They kicked me out," Sligh said. "It was actually good, because I had been trying to figure out how to leave. My parents had given me the option of going to two colleges, and I chose the less-crazy one, believe it or not."
Sligh's history with Bob Jones followed him throughout the competition.
"I specifically kept my comments about Bob Jones to myself, just for personal reasons," Sligh said.
"I don't want to throw them underneath the bus. I respect what they do -- it's just that their sect of Christianity is not really what I want to be associated with." [Chris is a member of a liberal charismatic megachurch outlet.]
judgesSligh said he didn't feel like he always got a fair assessment from the judges. And, he said, they always seemed to be a little bit harder on him.
Sligh admitted it wasn't a strong performance but said he didn't think he deserved the severity of criticism he received -- particularly from Cowell, who called the performance "a mess."
"It wasn't a great performance," Sligh said, "but, honestly, it was not as bad as what the judges made it seem. As soon as they gave me the spanking they did, I kind of knew that I was going home.
He said the judges were "really great with about 99 percent" of other music styles but couldn't grasp what he was offering.
"I think the judges had a hard time understanding it," Sligh said. "It's like they didn't really understand where I was coming from. They never commented on my voice, which I think was a bit frustrating for me."
[Obviously America didn't get Chris and his self centered performances as they voted to send home home in front of at least 4 other sub par performers.]
"I never came into this wanting to win it."
ReplyDelete"Actually, I almost dropped out that week."
"I wanted to be able to make music for my living, so I don't have to work at the marketing company that I was working at."
"They (Bob Jones University) kicked me out. It was actually good, because I had been trying to figure out how to leave."
On behalf of all fat people everywhere, Chris, I'd like to thank you for perpetuating the stereotype that we're lazy quitters.
Pottsdam said it best: Are you fully commited to anything? If I was your wife, your bandmates or your church, I'd be VERY nervous about the future!
The sooner you can fade back into obscurity, the better. With that kind of attitude, you don't deserve the spotlight.
He was thrown out of college and said he was going to quit anyway
ReplyDeleteHe's 28 years old and still 3 credits shy of a degree
He gets thrown off of in round of 10 and says he said he never wanted to win.
Do we see a pattern here...
And the real reason he lost... he is completely unlikable.
He showed a vulnerability and a sense of humour early on and that could have made up for the lack of talent. It did with Kevin Covais and that ugly red headed kid. But he became smug and arrogant and turned everyone off, including the judges who couldn't wait to rip him one. The performance was god awful and he said he watched 15 times and didn't think it was that bad. Please - it actually was worse than Sanjaya.
Do you notice how humble Lakisha and Melinda are, they got some real talent and pipes and they still come off very humble and people soak it up. For all we know, these broads are prima donnas off stage, but they are smart about how they carry themselves on the show.
Chris, get your head on dude, you could have really launched yourself, but your arrogance got the best of you, which seems to be a recurring pattern. You still got some leverage out of this and hopefully some humility...
Chrissy said: "I wanted to be able to make music for my living, so I don't have to work at the marketing company that I was working at."
ReplyDeleteHe wanted to play for a living instead of work for a living, as the Bible states.
He wanted to make music (using the term loosely) for a living instead of as a ministry.
Does God fit into his life as anything other than a Genie who should stay in His bottle until it's rubbed by its "master"?
He's only three credits shy of his degree? He's more cards than that short of a deck.